Thursday, May 19, 2011

How Holden Changed

Well, I'm writing this blog late. It was supposed to be after chapter 5 but I forgot about it.. :P

 After reading Catcher in the Rye, I think Holden changed only a little bit. I think he became more self-aware about who he was and the problems in his life and his personality. When Phoebe wanted to run away, Holden didn't want her to and I think that was because he knew that he might drag her down with him. Towards the end of the book he talked about being psychoanalyzed and I think that meant that he was writing from inside a mental hospital. This means that he checked himself in; they don't just go out on the street and grab you. This shows signs of maturity from Holden; he had no where to turn and knew that he had issues so he decided to get help.

No comments:

Post a Comment